Coronavirus (COVID-19) UpdatePatient Experience
Jul 10, 2020
July 10, 2020 Update:
Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital Visitation
- One visitor is authorized to visit a Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital patient. This visitor should be designated as the patient’s emergency contact by the patient/family prior to the hospital admission. Virtual visits and window visits are available for others who would like to interact with loved ones who are patients. Scheduling information is below.
- Visiting hours are daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted.
- Visitors should only enter and exit from the hospital’s admissions entrance.
- Visitors must present a valid form of government-issued, photo identification to security upon arrival at the designated admissions entrance.
- Each visitor will be health screened and temperature checked each time he or she enters the building.
- Visitors must check in with security upon arrival and check out with security upon departure.
- Visitors will receive an orange arm band upon entry and must wear it for the duration of the visit. Government-issued photo identification will be validated each time upon entry to the building, even if arm banded.
- If a visitor would like to stay overnight, he or she must be admitted between visiting hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and receive an overnight badge from the security desk in the admissions lobby. This badge should be worn in addition to the arm band. If a visitor exits the building between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., he or she cannot re-enter again until visitation hours begin the next day at 8 a.m.
- Visitors must always wear a mask and are encouraged to bring their own mask. Brooks will provide a mask if needed.
- Visitors cannot use common areas on the floors, family waiting rooms or the laundry room. We recommend either taking the patient’s clothes home for laundering or Brooks staff will assist.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room while on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors.
- Visitors can sign patients off of the floor, but they are only permitted to visit the interior courtyard near the Neuro Recovery center. The Healing Garden and pond are closed. Everyone must wear a mask on the 1st floor.
- Visitors may be asked to wear appropriate personal protective equipment while in the patient’s room.
- Dining: Visitors may bring in food daily from the outside, but should check with the patient’s nurse to ensure there are no dietary restrictions. Freezer and refrigeration cannot be accommodated onsite. Visitors may access the Sandpiper Café during regularly scheduled business hours, so long as they are masked and practice social distancing.
- Caregiver training: Approved caregivers for caregiver training should enter and exit through the main entrance/corporate lobby. Those attending caregiver training are not permitted in the other areas of the hospital unless they are the one authorized visitor.
Virtual and Window Visitation
- Virtual visits, window visits and phone call opportunities are available for anyone who wants to communicate with a loved one using Facetime or Zoom technology. Simply call (904) 990-6186 between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m., or email ConnectWithBrooks@Brooksrehab.org to schedule. Morning through early evening times are available.