We are currently offering a limited number of virtual and onsite volunteer opportunities.
Our Volunteer Services department provides an opportunity for personal growth, education, and service to others. Our goal is to meet the needs of our volunteers while carrying out our vision of providing world-class service to our patients. Volunteer assignments are made according to interest, availability, location and the skills needed to fulfill task requirements.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Virtual Peer Mentoring: Provide guidance to peers and family members experiencing life changing medical events
- Virtual Buddies: Provide conversation and friendship to long term residents
- Virtual Workout Companion: Help those in recovery complete their exercise plan
- Virtual Book Club: Lead book discussions
- Virtual Entertainment: Share your talents: performing, reading, how to, etc…
- Assisting in the Hospital Gift Shop: Retail sales, stocking items, engaging patients, staff and visitors
- Cards, Art or Short Stories: Share your artistic abilities to brighten someone’s day
- Front Desk Lobby Assistance: Greeting patients and visitors; Routing calls and deliveries
- Patient Engagement and Activities: Assist staff with activities to engage patients and reduce risk of falls
Volunteer applicants can expect:
- To complete an online application (for teens, use this online applications)
- To complete a TB Screening Questionnaire (if participating in direct contact)
- To provide proof of most recent flu vaccine (if participating in direct contact)
- To complete an online background check (if participating in direct contact and if over 18 years old)
- To complete an online orientation (if participating in direct contact)
We also have a reduced number of in person opportunities through our community programming:
For clinical student observation hours or clinical student internships please visit our Institute of Higher Learning for more information.
If you are interested in volunteering with Brooks, please complete the application, background check, and TB form, and we will be in touch soon.