Patient Madison Schemitz Shares Hope for the Future After AttackNews Update
Jul 12, 2023
Madison Schemitz, who was the victim of a horrific attack in June, shared her first update with the community. Surrounded by her family, friends, teammates and her Brooks Rehabilitation therapists, Madison read a statement she prepared thanking everyone involved in her recovery so far.
Her full statement is available below on her Instagram page.
One of Madison’s physical therapists at Brooks, Sydney Dalton, PT, DPT, shared “Madison is one of the hardest workers I’ve ever worked with in my time here at Brooks. No matter what I ask her to do, she is willing and ready to put in the work for it. Whether she’s tired, emotionally, physically, she’s still just ‘sure Sydney, let’s go. Let’s do it.” Phenomenal work ethic. Phenomenal character. All and all, a great person, hard worker and so I’m really, really excited to see how she continues to work hard and progress.”
To view news coverage from the press conference, please click the links below:
- NY Post: Teen softball star ambushed, stabbed relentlessly by ex-beau reveals she is paralyzed
- Action News Jax: Teen girl, the victim of a Ponte Vedra Beach stabbing publicly thanked her loved ones
- First Coast News: ‘My Story is Just Getting Started’: Madison Schemitz shares powerful message after tragic Ponte Vedra stabbing
- News4Jax: Teen who survived stabbing reveals attack left her paralyzed from the chest down, but she believes she’ll walk again
- Florida Times-Union: Madison Strong: Here’s what Ponte Vedra teen in June 3 Mr. Chubby’s stabbing has to say