Outpatient therapy at Brooks Rehabilitation offers a personalized experience to help empower you throughout your recovery. Brooks is staffed by clinicians and specialists who are at the top of their respective fields. Our team members are dedicated to constantly growing their skills while integrating the latest technology and treatment methods. Regardless of your condition, your Brooks outpatient therapy team will design a comprehensive treatment plan to meet your specific needs using state-of-the-art equipment and therapy concepts. The end goal for every patient we treat in outpatient therapy is to help you reach the highest level of recovery and maximize your participation in life.
Physical therapy is prescribed to help identify, diagnose and treat movement problems. The goal is to maximize range of motion, alleviate pain and improve the patient’s ability to earn a living and live independently. Physical therapy at Brooks Rehabilitation is personalized to meet the needs, challenges and goals of each individual patient. Every patient is empowered to be an active participant in his or her outpatient care, and every Brooks team member is dedicated to helping patients meet treatment goals on the road to recovery.
Occupational therapy is designed to help patients improve their ability to perform daily activities. At Brooks Rehabilitation, our occupational therapy team assesses a patient’s performance skills and develops a treatment plan specifically catered to strengthen those skills. Treatment plans can include adaptive equipment and usage training, as well as guidance for family members and caregivers. Treatment also may include comprehensive home and job evaluation, which provide a basis for any adaptation recommendations that might be necessary.
Speech and language pathologists help patients overcome cognitive and physical challenges in speaking, thinking, swallowing and language development. At Brooks, the speech and language therapy team assesses a patient’s cognitive ability, communication ability and the physical state of the throat, jaws and mouth. Once the assessment is complete, a personalized plan can be developed to help the patient improve speech function, language development, communication, swallowing or other functional challenges. As with physical therapy and occupational therapy, a speech and language therapist will help the patient establish milestones to measure progress during treatment.
Brooks Rehabilitation Specialties
Conditions Treated by Brooks Rehabilitation
Treatment & Technology
Preparing for Outpatient Therapy at Brooks Rehabilitation
Brooks Rehabilitation’s outpatient services include physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language therapy. At the beginning of your relationship with Brooks Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy at one of our outpatient clinics in Jacksonville, Daytona, Orlando, Tampa or elsewhere in North Florida, you generally can expect the following:
- Once a primary care physician (PCP) has made a recommendation for rehabilitation and referred you to Brooks, we will contact you to schedule your first appointment at the most convenient Brooks location.
- During your initial call, ask if you should wear or bring a certain type of clothing for your appointment.
- Your insurance benefits and other financial information will be verified by the Brooks team. Please bring a copy of your insurance card and picture ID.
- You will need to arrive at your appointment site 15-20 minutes ahead of the scheduled time to ensure all intake forms are completed.
- You will be asked questions about your symptoms, your medical and injury history, your family’s medical history, and other personal topics. TIP: Anticipate these questions and write down your answers ahead of time.
- The first appointment will include a detailed examination to evaluate your condition and begin to formulate goals, identify treatment milestones and determine the necessary frequency of clinic visits.
- You will leave the first appointment with a set of instructions and recommendations for things to do – and not to do – at home.
- You can schedule your next appointment before you leave the office.
Important Factors to Consider
- The duration of your outpatient therapy and specific treatment methods you will undergo during the course of your outpatient therapy will depend on your condition, your prognosis and a number of other factors.
- In most cases requiring outpatient therapy, the timeline for completion is fluid. Success is measured by meeting specific milestones, which build one upon the next until treatment is complete.
- Open communication with your Brooks outpatient therapy team is vital; unexpected or unusual changes in your condition should be reported to your team as soon as possible. Always feel free to ask questions during your visit.
Connect with us
Reach out to us at (904) 345-7277 for more information.