Why have your work-related injury treated at Brooks Rehabilitation?
We provide the most advanced therapy and medical care along with the compassion, motivation and hope to help someone who has been injured on the job reach the highest level of recovery and participation in life. We offer a complete workers compensation continuum of care to assist your injured worker in achieving the highest functional level possible, regardless of the medical complexity of the injury.
Workers compensation care navigators
Brooks has a dedicated workers compensation care navigator that will function as one point of contact to assist these individuals through our entire system of care. The patient and the worker’s compensation team will have direct access to the care navigator at all times as she ensures the Brooks therapy and medical team provide exactly what is needed to deliver the very best experience and outcome for these injured individuals.
To contact our worker compensation care navigator directly, please contact Kristine Smartt at Kristine.Smartt@brooksrehab.org or at (904) 465-6130.
Workers compensation continuum of care
In addition to having one of the busiest rehabilitation hospitals in the country, Brooks has a variety of additional services to support the needs of our patients throughout the stages of their recovery. Our worker’s compensation program covers a variety of service areas including inpatient, skilled nursing, home health, outpatient, physicians practice, behavioral medicine and specialized services.
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Chronic pain (including opioid wean if needed)
- Major multiple trauma
- Disorders of consciousness program is specialized to diagnose and treat catastrophic brain Injuries
- Housing–A 38-room hospitality house that offers temporary lodging to the family/caregivers of the patient
- Ventilator unit/diaphragmatic pacer program
- Workers compensation navigator position dedicated to improving communication between all parties involved in the patient’s treatment and care
- Annual spinal cord injury reassessment program–in development
- Specialize in complex catastrophic cases
- High discharge to community rate, avoiding costly readmissions
- Patient satisfaction scores put us in the top 10% of national rehabilitation facilities
- Physician consultative services regardless of the patient’s location
- Custom case reports
- More than 30 outpatient locations throughout North and Central Florida
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Ergonomic assessments
- Post-offer pre-employment screens
- Comprehensive psychological evaluation and treatment
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation and treatment
- Brooks Institute of Higher Learning residency and fellowship-trained therapists
- Driving evaluations through the only driving rehabilitation program in Northeast Florida with a certified driving rehabilitation specialist
- Eleven board-certified physiatrists
- Specialized medical directors for:
- Traumatic brain injury (BI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Medically complex conditions including orthopedic and pain rehabilitation
- Specialized programs and services
Neuro Recovery Centers (NRC):
State-of-the art-rehabilitation centers featuring advanced equipment and technology to benefit individuals with neurological injuries or illnesses.
Pain Rehabilitation Program:
An interdisciplinary and biopsychosocial program that has been operating for more than 30 years. This inpatient or outpatient program for injured workers with chronic pain has excellent documented clinical outcomes and significantly reduces long-term healthcare costs. Inpatient or outpatient opioid wean is also a component of the program.
Neuro Day Treatment Program:
A program to help individuals with acquired brain injury regain independence to return to work and driving.
If you are interested in obtaining more information regarding the Brooks workers compensation program please contact Kristine.Smartt@brooksrehab.org or at (904) 465-6130.