Why have your work-related injury treated at Brooks Rehabilitation?
We provide the most advanced therapy and medical care along with the compassion, motivation and hope to help someone who has been injured on the job reach the highest level of recovery and participation in life. We offer a complete workers’ compensation continuum of care to assist your injured worker in achieving the highest functional level possible, regardless of the medical complexity of the injury.
Workers’ Comp Care Specialist
Brooks has a dedicated workers’ comp care specialist that will function as one point of contact to assist these individuals through our entire system of care. The patient and the workers’ compensation team will have direct access to the care specialist at all times as she ensures the Brooks therapy and medical team provide exactly what is needed to deliver the very best experience and outcome for these injured individuals.
Workers’ compensation continuum of care
In addition to having one of the busiest rehabilitation hospitals in the country, Brooks has a variety of additional services to support the needs of our patients throughout the stages of their recovery. Our workers’ compensation program covers a variety of service areas including inpatient, skilled nursing, home health, outpatient, physicians practice, behavioral medicine and specialized services.
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Chronic pain (including opioid wean if needed)
- Major multiple trauma
- Disorders of consciousness program is specialized to diagnose and treat catastrophic brain injuries
- Ventilator unit/diaphragmatic pacer program
- Amputee Program
- Specialize in complex catastrophic cases
- High discharge to community rate, avoiding costly readmissions
- Patient satisfaction scores put us in the top 10% of national rehabilitation facilities
- Physician consultative services regardless of the patient’s location
- Custom case reports
- Helen’s House – A 38-room hospitality house that offers temporary lodging to the family/caregivers of the patient
- More than 40 outpatient locations throughout North and Central Florida
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Ergonomic assessments
- Post-offer pre-employment screens
- Comprehensive psychological evaluation and treatment
- Comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation and treatment
- Brooks Institute of Higher Learning residency and fellowship-trained therapists
- Driving evaluations through the only driving rehabilitation program in Northeast Florida with a certified driving rehabilitation specialist
- Over 15 board-certified physiatrists
- Specialized medical directors for:
Specialized programs and services
State-of-the art-rehabilitation centers featuring advanced equipment and technology to benefit individuals with neurological injuries or illnesses.
Pain Rehabilitation Program
An interdisciplinary and biopsychosocial program that has been operating for more than 30 years. This inpatient program for injured workers’ with chronic pain has excellent documented clinical outcomes and significantly reduces long-term healthcare costs. An opioid wean can also be a component of the program.
A program to help individuals with acquired brain injury regain independence to return to work and driving.
The Spinal Cord Injury and Other Disorders Day Treatment Program (SCI/D) is an outpatient interdisciplinary rehabilitation program designed to provide intense therapy for patients who have had a spinal cord injury (SCI) or similar neurologic disorders.
Brooks Cybernic Treatment Center
The only US-based facility offering CYBERDYNE’s Medical Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) technology to those with a spinal cord injury. HAL is the world’s first robotic medical device that has been shown to improve a patient’s ability to walk.