Our Volunteer Services department provides an opportunity for personal growth, education, and service to others. Our goal is to meet the needs of our volunteers while carrying out our vision of providing world-class service to our patients. Volunteer assignments are made according to interest, availability, location and the skills needed to fulfill task requirements.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting patients & visitors
- Peer mentoring
- Assisting in hospital gift shop
- Providing reading materials and conversations to patients
- Providing games and leisure activities to patients
- Assisting staff on nursing units
- Carrying out general office/clerical duties
- Helen’s House (family housing) opportunities such as
- Front desk reception
- General house assistant
Volunteer applicants can expect:
- To complete a background check and TB screening
- To complete orientation within three months of start date
- A photo badge skill training in your assigned service
For clinical student observation hours please click here for more information.
Summer Teen Volunteer Program applications are closed until Spring 2020.
If you are interested in volunteering at Brooks, please fill out the Volunteer Application form below and we will be in touch with you soon.
For more information, email VolunteerServices@brooksrehab.org or call 904.345.7661.