Dr. Jason Beneciuk, Brooks Clinical Research Scientist, Awarded the George J. Davies – James A. Gould Excellence in Clinical Inquiry AwardClinical Expertise
Jan 26, 2022
Dr. Jason Beneciuk, PT, DPT, PhD, MPH, Brooks Clinical Research Scientist of the Brooks/UF-PHHP Research Collaboration, was recently awarded the George J. Davies – James A. Gould Excellence in Clinical Inquiry Award along with Duke University co-authors, Zachary Stearns, PT, DPT, Marissa Carvalho, PT, DPT, and Dr. Trevor Lentz, PT, PhD, MPH.
This award recognizes the best article published in Journal of Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT) during a calendar year among the categories of clinical research reports, clinical commentaries, case reports, and resident’s case problems. The award-winning article, titled “Screening for Yellow Flags in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy: A Clinical Framework” was featured in the September 2021 issue of JOSPT.
Criteria for selection of the George J. Davies — James A. Gould Excellence in Clinical Inquiry Award:
- The importance of the contribution of the manuscript to the clinical practice of orthopaedic or sports physical therapy.
- The importance of the clinical topic addressed in the manuscript.
- The clinical practice implications derived or suggested from the manuscript.
- The quality of the writing.
- The clarity of the clinical information/data presented.
The award will be presented to its esteemed recipients at the annual American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Combined Sections Meeting, the largest physical therapy conference in the country, in February. Congratulations, Dr. Beneciuk!